Sunday, February 27, 2011

I am no longer a 2012 bride!





Alas, tis another weekend! I've been badly waiting for this week to end!... Coz i've had the most stressful week yet! and the most stressful wedding preparations phase.

Yes, you read the title right. I am no longer a 2012 bride. Our wedding was moved to a much earlier date, Sept 3, 2011. uh-huh, barely 6 months from now... i never imagined that this will happen, that we'll change our wedding date.. coz the original wedding date was so meaningful to us... to our relationship... to our lives.

But that Tuesday morning, I wasn't able to do anything but to heed to my father's request: to make our wedding happen this year. let's just make the whole issue simpler and let's just conclude that he doesn't want a long engagement.

So right after the dreadful phone conversation with my dad, John came to the house after his shift was over. I showed him a calendar and asked him to PICK any date! I was totally clueless on what date to PICK! (i deliberately used the word "pick" since choosing involves emotions while picking just involves the sense of sight... LOL, visual impact of the calendar dates) We had two dates to choose from, Oct 8 and Sept 10 - so that when it's written, it is: 09-10-11! cute di ba? So we went to the church immediately to rebook our date but the Oct 8 was already taken. I didn't even bother asking about the 09-10-11 since I was thinking it is a desirable date (because of it's format) so i might have problems re-booking our suppliers... So i just simply popped the question to the clerk: "available pa po ba ang september 3?" and when she said yes, i said "o sige po, yun na lang, same time gaya ng March namin". but when we got home, I tried to search for a logical reason why we are having that wedding date. So with that said, at least there are some reasons that I can think of: John's birthday is Aug 31, his mom's is Sept 7 - so at least when his mom flies here from the US, she can celebrate both their birthdays together here! :) yey! and also, my brother died on Sept 2, so if the wedding's a day after that, then it's always a festive day after we celebrate his death anniversary. so we won't be too sad afterward. Well, it's just me trying to make some sense out of this date-changing event!

Now here are my updates about the suppliers that we already pre-booked. Niceprint - it was ok with them since maybe they have several teams. HMUA - still ok! thank God! coz the DP was quite big. but one thing that i was truly disappointed of was the lights and sounds supplier. after a few days of waiting for his reply, he txtd me one morning just to inform me that he won't be available for the new date. :( here's my side story: we booked them during the recent wedding fair in Megamall a weekend ago... but I've known about him since 2009. while i was organizing our company's Christmas party, one of my colleagues suggested that particular L&S since they were her supplier during their wedding. but unfortunately, we weren't able to get them because of the short-notice and after all, it was the peak month of December! but nevertheless, from that time on, I programmed my head that I will get them for my wedding after I viewed their portfolio at their website and also from my colleague's raves. Anyway, going back, I also felt sad coz I also booked them for my friend's wedding this April (I'm helping them out since they are based in the Middle East). And I know, my heart will sink when I see their setup on her wedding. But i'll just try to be happy for them coz they're getting a rather fantastic and affordable L&S supplier.

We also booked our reception venue this week since we know we already have the final date. (hopefully!)

At this moment, I have fully gotten over the change of date event. Now i'm working my arse out, double time to prepare for the wedding, hands-on. I'm trying my best to be organized, to be outspoken to suppliers coz i cannot afford to waste any second here since 6 months of preparation is no joke! I'm also trying my best to be extra considerate to the people around me, whom i know are just equally excited for this big event in our family.


With God's grace, I will be having the most beautiful wedding that I've been dreaming of! :) mainly because, I am marrying the most wonderful man on earth and i am surrounded by the most supportive and loving family and friends.

So it's official, I am NOW a September bride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment