Sunday, April 3, 2011

5 more months...


On this day, it's officially 5 months away from our Big Day... :)

So just for some updates: we haven't done anything yet in relation to the paperworks... but should i panic? i don't think so... :)

John doesn't have a copy of his baptismal certificate. But his mom knows the town in Bacolod where he got baptized. So with the help of a very good friend who's based in Bacolod City, he went to the only big Church in that town and requested for John's records. And just at the end of March, we heard from the church, finally, and John's records were there! yey! Thank God! and thank you Archie for all the hassle you went through, and for saving us the plane fares in going to Bacolod ourselves. :) This FB shoutout was for you: "True friends are actually angels in disguise... they are blessings sent from above... :)" we are just waiting for the papers sent through the courier and we can finally get back in action!

We can then proceed to John's confirmation and finally file our requirements for the church. I don't even have copies yet of my baptismal certificates stamped with "for marriage purposes" as well as my confirmation certificates... oh, and we can still procrastinate with the filing for our marriage license since it will just be valid for 120 days prior to the wedding date... so for that, maybe we can do that on June... :)

As for the other details, I think we got most of the major stuff covered. We have church and reception venue reservations, my wedding gown and John's suit are already making some progress. My female entourage have already finalized their dress designs, they are scheduled for measurement-taking on one weekend this month, we will be having our prenup photoshoot next month, and the rest of the minor suppliers are already booked. So I think, we are good to go! :)

I am planning on going back to work to help save up for our new-found place! I'm more excited now in shopping for our own home... :) lately we've been searching for sofa-beds for our tiny but very cozy unit... :) but after watching the late news last night, i have a heavy heart in leaving my parents (especially my mom) alone here in our own house... all I've seen in the news were about crimes! robbery, kidnapping -- aaaargh! very horrible indeed! but I trust in God's mercy, He will keep my family and loved-ones safe and healthy at all times.

Indeed I am sooo much looking forward to MARRIAGE -- not just the wedding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment