Thursday, March 17, 2011

Food Feast!

For the catering services, we booked Patio de Tata Roque, our neighborhood caterer from Marikina. I am from Marikina but I don't usually hear their name on the weddings that I attend to not until I went to a wedding fair in Megamall last October. Their setup caught my attention since they featured a black and white themed table setup that time. Then when I found out that they're also from Marikina, they already imprinted a mark on my memory (although John and I weren't really having concrete plans yet for a wedding). So I got their card, and come February when John proposed, then we really needed to search for a caterer. We had a food tasting with them last. We tried even the more famous caterers but nobody really had the "this is it!" factor. And i tried to really shy away from my "top on my list" caterers since we are on a strict budget because of our numerous guests. We want our guests to feast on excellent food but really, budget becomes an issue. I also have a thing with decors and venue styling because art is my passion. But the more creative and not so standard caterers are again on the pricey side. So me and John attended their food tasting event held at the Riverbanks Convention Center in Marikina. We were quite satisfied with their menu but more especially with the treats they are offering. I won't elaborate on this any further because I still want it to be a surprise for our guests. I hope they feel how grateful we are for them to celebrate this wonderful occasion with us by how we carefully and tastefully prepared our wedding.

Also, talking to them about the reception setup is just a breeze! I so love our AE, Ivy. I met her first in Megamall last October and she's been very approachable and helpful to us since then. She's open to suggestions, she also refers other suppliers and gives constructive comments about my ideas. Also, they are not very restrictive when it comes to me adding up some things to personalize our wedding reception. So in the process, we are proactive in styling our reception venue. And because they are close to where I live, transport of materials as well as meetings won't be a hassle at all!

So as early as now, I can say it was worth waiting for the last because surely they are not the least ideal supplier.


VIP table mock setup




Dessert Bar



No comments:

Post a Comment