Monday, April 25, 2011

on post-wedding jitters

It's just barely 4 months to go before our Big day! But there are still tons of things to cross off from my checklist but I am just procrastinating each day during my free time. Tomorrow, I'll be part of the labor force again after several months of soul-searching. (yeah, right!) Let's face the fact, weddings are expensive! No matter how simple you want your wedding to be, it's still expensive nowadays! I got a few DIY projects in mind just to save some big bucks but I just can't manage to start them or even think on how to start them. So I'm just browsing my wedding files and accomplishing nothing. And even if I want to just do some rakets so I own my time instead of doing an 8-hour office job, I prefer to do the latter coz I don't want to waste time of not earning enough to help spend for our wedding. So starting tomorrow, it's lesser time for me to plan the wedding.

One thing more, John and I have been searching for a new place which will be our First Home after the wedding and that's where my biggest jitter comes from! I think I'm more excited for the post-wedding events than the wedding day itself. Is that bad? Shall I panic now? That's the major factor that affects my lack of "interest" in planning our wedding. There's a part of me that just wants to get over and through with it. Seriously.

Here are some thoughts that are occupying my head when I'm not thinking about the wedding:
  • furniture for our own place. I already have a folder in my laptop featuring all the nice-to-have furniture. And that includes the crystal chandelier.
  • to honeymoon or not. There have been a lot of offers from coupon-selling and group-buying websites offering tempting hotel packages where we want to have our honeymoon. but since a lot of our loved ones are flying in just for the wedding, especially John's mom, of course we also want to spend time with them while they're here so maybe we would postpone the honeymoon until we really have free time.
  • the Dragon Baby. YES, with God's grace, we claim that the Dragon Baby shall be given to us at His perfect time. may s/he be a honeymoon baby or not, we are already excited for him/her. and that's one more factor that's keeping us from having an extensive honeymoon getaway at the end of the year or the beginning of next year, coz we might be 3 when we ought to be honeymooning...
  • Phoebe or Tex. no, that's not in relation with the bullet above... Phoebe or Tex is our future micro-mini pinscher. must be black. we had a previous heart-breaking experience when we almost had Phoebe but the seller (John's so-called friend) didn't meet us up. Everything was set, her collar, her leash, her food bowl, her toys, her treats and dog food but most especially, her place in our heart. but we promised that one day, we'll have her.
  • not just our new condo unit but more especially our New Home. John and I hate the time of the day/night when he needs to take me home or we have to go on separate ways. We really really hate that part. So we are so much looking forward to the day when we no longer need to part ways coz we know that we are just beside each other anywhere we go.
so there, I guess those things I mentioned above give justice on why I am having post-wedding jitters. As I read on FB a few months back, it goes "Wedding is just a day, look forward to marriage coz it lasts a lifetime." (it goes something like that, I forgot the words in verbatim).

But ok, i'm taking back what I said earlier that I just want to get over and through with it (wedding). Of course, there's no bride in this world who's not having wedding jitters. I do too. And I'm very much excited to be united with the man whom I'm happiest with - non-other than my bestfriend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment